Sunday, April 27, 2008

Dawn at the lake

Yesterday I set out to watch the sun rise at a favorite place of mine. As I waited for the sun to climb over the trees the light and colors slowly began to switch places with the early shadows. A beaver silently swam at the far end of the lake.

Something else disturbed the surface of the water behind me. The chorus of spring birds began to rise with the colors.
Then all at once things seemed to move faster, the sun had climbed above the trees the fog began to dissapate and the colors took over for the day shift. Even though I had not really moved more than tweny feet during the last half hour, it seemed as if I had been taken to a new place, a new day. Maybe thats the reason we go watch the sun come up.

1 comment:

Kerri Farley said...

Oh, I love these progession shots! Absolutely fabulous! And a GREAT POST!