This week I thought I would feature one of my favorite places. The Audubon Center at Wildcats Glades in South West Missouri. The visitors center is a wonder in green engineering.
Inside is a wonderful arrangement of displays and art.


Outside the trail winds along a creek called Shoal Creek, there are bluffs and caves carved out in the limestone.
Looking out of a cave.
My wife and I spotted at least a dozen species of birds as we hiked along on a brisk fall afternoon.
The area represents one of the few chert glades in the country, a unique ecosystem.to see more of this spot visit its website at:
http://www.wildcatglades.audubon.org/becomeamember2.html
to see more of My World Vol VII visit
http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/
22 comments:
Great post and beautiful photo's!
Take care and thanks for sharing your part of the world with us!!
What a lovely Audobon Ctr. and in a wonderful setting. I'm delighted to find a blog from Kansas. Doesn't seem like too many try to show off our part of the world. Thanks for sharing.
Nice place that I would love to visit someday. I really like that the building is both green and attractive architecturally.
I love the autumn mood. thanks for sharing
I am LOVING this post! I'm from Southwest Missouri (Springfield area), though I have lived here in the desert for 6 years. That looks so much like home. But I've never even heard of that place. A nice place for a little day trip on my next trip "home." Thanks for this terrific post!
I am loving that trail. Thanks for sharing.
Nice concept of green engineering and those shots are tempting to set off on trekking.
Beautiful post of your world i would love to see that.
I enjoyed the visit to the center and the walk along the path. Congrats to them for being green!
Green engineering surely must be a huge part of our future now. This is an amazing and fascinating place that we should have more of.
Great photos of an interesting place, thanks!
Larry: Beautiful captures of Audubon center, those were great nature paths.
what a great post...love all the photos and the posting. that metal sculpture of the eagle is great.
thank you for stopping by my blog and posting...appreciate.
I love places like this. Thanks for sharing.
What a most fantastic looking place. thanks for posting.
you have showed both work of nature and work of art, great job.
Such an interesting building and scenic hike. Thanks for sharing a place I've never seen.
Looks like some wonderful trails to hike on and explore from. Very inviting.
Wonderful tour of Wildcat Glades. I especially like the metal bird sculpture. Looks like a nice visitor center. Must find arrowheads in the area with chert.
Lovely post and photos. I would love to hike along that trail.
Really nice My World post! I loved seeing the visitor center as well as the preserve! What a marvelous eagle sculpture! Lovely photos too, and I appreciate the link! Thanks also for coming by my blog and commenting on mine!
Marie
Hi Larry, Thanks for the nice tour of the Audubon Center. It looks like an amazing place to explore. And as far as the inside goes, I love that Eagle sculpture, fantastic!
Post a Comment