Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Robins in the pasture

We have been visited this week by flocks of Robins in our pasture, and Ive noticed just about every open field, and lawn around town. A sure sign of spring, some have been singing at dawn.
Most of the time they just kind of wander around as if they had lost some cars keys out there in the grass. Resembling a convention of bird physicists deep in thought, I imagine pondering some Robin string theory problem. Keeping a polite distance from one another for the most part they occasionally sample some tidbit on the ground. I'm enjoying their visit, another reason to convince my wife we need to invest in a telephoto lens.

2 comments:

Jon said...

I'm glad that Spring is finally here. Birds are one of the things that I really miss during the winter. Nice photos.

Maude Lynn said...

I love when the robins return!