
When I go for a short walk around our pastures and up the hill to my neighbors pasture I am rarely alone. Our beagle loves the walk, but usually
I am accompanied by three of
our "farm" cats. Sylvester keeps her distance and follows quietly.

Stinky finds any vertical object to climb hoping Ill scratch her head. The kitten
Groucho follows along meowing, tail at that flag like position that says
I'm OK with the world and I wanna be friends. The other two tolerate the kitten, they are more in tune to the sounds an

d smell as we hike. I have a uneasy alliance with these three. They are not really pets, the older two are fixed. They were all most likely
abandoned out here by college students moving on. I try to keep them well fed, I rarely see them take a song bird, when they do its usually a starling or house sparrow. They keep our garage/shed free of mice, and on short hikes they make good companions.
For more Camera Critters click
here.
6 comments:
Isn't that great that you have company Sandy
Larry: Those are neat captures of the cats on your walk.
It is great to have walking companions on walks. It is even better having a mouse free shed/garage. They are beautiful cats.
Hi Larry, it's nice to have your animals go with you on walks, even if they're not "your" pets. I'm happy to hear that they don't bother songbirds either. Funny how some cats are mousers and some would rather chase birds. I wonder why?
Its nice to have someone to walk with :)
They look and sound like great companions.
Post a Comment