
Every June across Kansas small towns celebrate homecomings,
reuinoins and small town festivals.

Fort Scott located in SE Kansas puts on one heck of festival called 'Good Ole Days'. Its family friendly and the families do come. Several thousand folks merge on the old downtown to wander, buy, eat and have fun. Ther are pony rides, old tractor displays and lots more.

There is a multitude of craft booths, and food booths you can sample home made
ice cream, barbecue, tortillas, or kettle corn to name just a few.

You can get your picture taken with a monkey,

stock up on your rock collection,

or step into one of the stores that line the 1800's downtown.
There is a show in the Liberty theatre every hour. Local talents keep you entertained while you sip a cold beer or an ice tea.


Behind the scenes the vendors can escape the crowd for a break and some shade.

There is always plenty of parking, I got a kick out of the sign.
In smaller rural towns these early summer festivals bring in revenue for folks and provide an opportunity for communities to to reconnect before the harvest season.
Fort Scott
isn't really the smallest of towns, its population is in the 8000 range. We have lived in towns of 600 or so here in Kansas but it does take on the small town feel during Good Ole days. For more on Fort Scott visit
here.
For other places visit
My World Tuesday!
11 comments:
Oh I love this kind of stuff. It looks like a lot of fun.
Larry: What a cool post and it was a fun trip to the fair.
And here I thought this kind of America had disappeared - what a fun day that must be.
That looks like great fun - and sunny too! (Sad lack of that over here in Sweden.)
I must also commend you on those fantastic dog jumping shots in your previous post too!
That looks like a nice way to spend the day. I like the sign too!
That looks like such fun, Larry! You don't see as much of that around here anymore. Love your photos! Almost like being there! Thanks for sharing a fun corner of your world!
Nice - I love small town events like this, too. It's nice when most everyone comes out, not so much to do things at the festival, but to mix and mingle with friends and make new ones.
You guys know how to do it out there!
Looks like a fun festival. I like looking at old stuff.
So nice that these get-togethers are still organised for people to get together in the summer time. In the old days the big event was the state fair where farmers could check out their competition. Families could meet and young people have a chance to meet others who are like minded.
Now this is what I call a good time to be had. Love those bikes too.
Post a Comment