Saturday, October 6, 2007

Sunrise

Sunrise and Moon Over Farmstead
Leavenworth County
Last week my wife and I traveled to Northeast Kansas for a wedding. The young couple have been living together for a while and decided to make it official. It seems he might be shipping off to Irag this fall, they wanted to tie the knot. I couldn't help but think that as I watched the couple dance their first dance ,we need to bring all our boys and girls home. Small town weddings involve music, dancing, fun, beer, and folks visiting in pickups outside the hall. Its not uncommon for the local teenagers to wander in to dance. Afterwards we stayed at the in laws. We slept in a hundred year old rock farmhouse with the windows wide open, a cool breeze blowing all night. I woke before dawn and headed out to wander around and see the area. I found this old farmstead on a winding gravel road.

No comments: