Thursday, August 28, 2008

Skywatch Friday

August Sunrise
Crawford County Kansas

August Sunset

Crawford County Kansas

I was inspired by the great speeches given this week in Denver at the Democratic National Convention. I like the way the flag stood against the sky.

For great skywatch photos visit here;
http://skyley.blogspot.com/

19 comments:

Som mine dager er said...

These pictures are stunning. Really amazing. And I love the pink/lilac color.

Anonymous said...

I am surprised that you can see the sky through the flag. That is neat.

My SkyWatch post today > Canon Pixels

Photo Cache said...

Beautiful shots. And the last one is very timely too. Happy skywatching.

Kim said...

Love the flag shot, the sky looks so cool showing through like that. nice capture!!

Tommy said...

The 2nd picture is my favorite, just peerfect

Jane Hards Photography said...

You get some amazing clours this way. Wonderful images.

Mary said...

If you want to see beautiful sky, Kansas is a great place. Lovely photos!! Mary (former Kansan)

Anonymous said...

The way of fortune is like the milkyway in the sky.... Wonderful capture for skywatch! Mine's up too hope you can drop by, asking for your vote too... thanks a lot! Happy weekend!

Unknown said...

The first one's my favourite, but both great shots.

Great skywatch.

Gary
Bodge's Bulletin

Gayle said...

I never seem to catch the sunrises. Thanks for showing me yours.

gaz said...

love that last one - excellent shot.

Michele said...

That first photo is stunning! It really blew me away with the intensity of the clouds.
The second is a great tribute.
Mountain Retreat

Brad Myers said...

Great colors and I like anything with the American flag in it, well done.

Amila Salgado said...

Beautiful skies. Creative capture the second one. Have a good weekend!

Arija said...

Now that truly IS a sunrise! Just stunning colours.

Kelly said...

I love how the sun is shining through the flag! Excellent photos!

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

Marvelous sky!

Santilli

Texas Travelers said...

Love the sunrise and sunset photos. I missed you on Fri somehow.

If you are keeping track,
Alaska Sunday is posted.
It's the trip log with some new photos.
To see the post, Click here.

Troy and Martha

Kerri Farley said...

Wow Larry! Both of these are awesome!! I LOVE how you can see the sky thru the flag!!!