Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My World Tuesday

My world is South East Kansas, a landscape a bit different than the rest of our state. Great swamps millions of years ago became the coal beds that immigrants began mining a hundred years or more ago. Today these areas are thick with trees and undergrowth that shelter deer, turkey and owl.

A few thousand or so acres of small lakes dot the landscape and provide homes for bass, water snake and great blue heron.

To see more of the world and to show your part of the world visit:

11 comments:

Oman said...

Thank you for the wonderful tour. This 2nd week of meme really makes us appreciate the many places that we don't usually see or ever had a chance to visit like the one you showed me in this post. Hope you get to have time to check my world too. Another great job and more to come in the coming weeks.

MaryAnn Ashley said...

I would've never guessed Kansas! Great shots, thanks for sharing.

Arija said...

What a wonderful world yours is! The autumn colour, the water, the creeping mist, all so inviting add to that the enticement of owls, heron and wild life and I want to throw my heart over the oceans and be there. Please post more of the wonders surrounding you.

Ivar Østtun said...

Beautiful shots. I love the mist. Well done :-)

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Larry: What a neat show of your world, I love your photography.

Louise said...

That is definitely not the KS that so many of us see passing through on I-70! Very interesting and mysterious. Wonderful post!

SaraG said...

Great post and beautiful photo's!
Take care and thanks for sharing your world with us.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have guessed Kansas from these pictures, either. I like the way you captured the same "feel" in both the first with just the leaves as well as in the second two with the water.

Mary said...

Love the mist!

shaker said...

Great shots !

Larry said...

Nice scenic shots.-I wouldn't mind cruising around in a canoe there-maybe even bring my fishing pole.